An evolving consciousness of the world around us through a camera lens...

Monday, April 2

Perspective...

As I wake up to another rainy day in Vancouver (which I love), I think it interesting to explore happiness. Or should I say, our perception/interpretation of. On a day like today I can already here the hum of Vancouverites, "What weather, huh?", "So miserable outside.", "I don't know how much more of this I can handle." And it will go on and on, but I won't. I find people get caught up and lose perspective at times. It's never about how good we have it, it's about what we don't have. And I'm by no means on a soapbox right now, I get caught up as easily as the next person. I just find it interesting to explore the idea of reminding yourself of how good you really do have it.

And then I stumble across these pictures. I was in a village in northern Thailand where they had no running water, no power, and they worked hard everyday for just the basic necessities. Yet the people actually seemed happy and thankful for what they did have. Needless to say, it was a dose of perspective that rattled me a bit. But something I do my best everyday to remember.







No comments:

Post a Comment